Hak5 isn't your ordinary tech show. It's hacking in the old-school sense, covering everything from network security, open source and forensics, to DIY modding and the homebrew scene. Damn the warranties, it's time to Trust your Technolust. In this episode, see how to build a free XMPP/Jabber server in ten minutes.
Matt builds a free XMPP/Jabber server in under 10 minutes. Shannon has the low down on Wii Homebrew in regards to Nintendo's new Wii System Menu 4.0 and Darren just can't stop playing Doom2.
Free Instant Messaging Server
Openfire is by far the easiest Jabber implementation I've ever had the pleasure of installing, setting up and administering.
However, in utilizing open source licensing, and a great plugin API, Openfire is a lot more than just a Jabber server.
Another great use for Openfire is the ability to control corporate IM connectivity by setting it up as a gateway server between services like AIM & MSN and your users.
From a singular client, your users can have both their corporate and private contacts.
If youíre looking for a very powerful and easy to use corporate / public jabber implementation, you really should check out Openfire.
Search Hak5 on WonderHowTo for more tech episodes from this Revision3 show.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades