In this video tutorial, viewers learn how to use Remote Desktop on Windows Vista to connect to another computer over a network connection, specifically Windows XP. You can get access to your Vista applications or data stored on a remote computer from your XP PC.
Users will need to ensure that the Remote Desktop is enabled. To do this, begin by opening the Start menu and type in System in the search bar. Under Tasks, click on Remote Settings and allow it.
Now go to the Start menu and type in "Remote Desktop" in the search bar. Type in the IP address of the computer that you want to connect to and save it for future use.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades