In this how to video, you will learn how to keep your Windows operating system secure by look for and closing open ports. First, you will need to run the program called Net State. Once this is open, type in netstat -a. This will list main connections. Next, type in netstat -an. This will give you the numbers of ports that are open. Some may be used for file sharing and anti-virus programs. If you want it completely secured, you should only have one running. This video shows you how easy it is to protect your operating system from hackers and malicious attacks.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades