In order to set up a secure wireless router, you will need to use the security that is available with your wireless routing. You will need to change the default ID names and password on your computer. Try to make sure that your passwords are difficult. Also, turn on the encryption: e.g. WEP. In the main menu, go to set up. Go to wireless settings. Choose WPA. Always use encryption. Also, change the SSID. Always change the default settings. These will be known to anyone who has similar equipment. You can also use the Mac addresses. List all of the Mac addresses for all of the equipment that will be using the router. That way, only known pieces of equipment will be able to access it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades