Using your laptop you can set up a wireless internet connection at home. You will not need a wireless router to do this. You can turn your computer into a wireless internet access point and set up a local network to which other computers in your home can connect. This feature is recommended for those who have no existing network setup. If you simply have a computer connected to the internet then you would be not needing this. Go to your system preferences and select sharing. Click on the internet sharing on the left hand side and to the right hand side select the AirPort express option. Now you can setup a network name and also set password to connect to it. This video shows how to set up a wireless local network with out using any wireless router.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades